Singapore has a variety of work passes with different sets of requirements by Ministry of Manpower Singapore (MOM) which are divided into:
- Passes for Professionals:
- Employment Pass (for foreign professionals, managers and executives)
- EntrePass (for foreign entrepreneurs to start and operate a business in Singapore that is venture-backed or possesses innovative technologies)
- Personalised Employment Pass (for high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals)
- Passes for Skilled and Semi-skilled workers
- S Pass (for foreign mid-level skilled staff)
- Work Permit for migrant workers (for semi-skilled migrant workers in construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector)
- Work Permit for migrant domestic workers (for migrant domestic workers to work in Singapore)
- Work Permit for confinement nanny (for Malaysian confinement nannies to work in Singapore)
- Work Permit for performing artiste (for foreign performances working in public entertainment outlets)
- Trainees and Student
- Training Employment Pass (for foreign professionals undergoing practical training)
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work Holiday Programme) (for foreign eligible students and young graduates from approved countries to work and holiday in Singapore for 6 months)
- Work Holiday Pass (under Work and Holiday Visa Programme) (only for Australian students and graduates to work and holiday in Singapore for 12 months)
- Training Work Permit (for semi-skilled foreign trainees or students undergoing practical training in Singapore for up to 6 months)
Which Work Pass To Choose?
Most candidates fall into the first and second category. However, to obtain a Singapore Work Pass depends on the expertise and type of pass the candidate requires. Requirements to work in Singapore varies as there are various work passes that an individual can apply for depending on the nature of the job, skills, education qualifications and income.
Ministry of Manpower Singapore (MOM) will review and conduct stringent assessments on the applications in line with the current requirements and regulations. For example, candidates applying for a Singapore Employment Pass are higher earners with work experience and good qualifications.
Need Help To Choose The Most Suitable Visa For Application In Singapore?
For a smooth and hassle-free work pass application, consider getting expert advice and consultation. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for advice on the most suitable work pass and assistance for an easy application.